Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fibromyalgia

So here it is: I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have a lot of emotions about it, mostly relief that a diagnosis has been made, and that the problems I have been having are real and I am not crazy. I am sad that I have a disease that will haunt me for the rest of my life, depressed on days that I can barely get out of bed or off the couch to play with my kids, and I feel defeated on the days that my medications don't even touch the pain.

I am trying to come to terms with my new life-altering news, trying to research and learn how to change my lifestyle to my benefit, trying to learn how to cope. I feel so bad for my kids. No toddler should have a mommy that can't play with them, can't take them places, can't get off the couch some days.

I have been on Percocet for over 6 months now, and I have started Lyrica. I am hoping the Lyrica can help me get through my days so I don't have to rely on the Percocet all the time, the drag of chemical dependency just adds to the despair I feel. I have been working hard to reduce the amount of Percocet I take in a day, and I think I am doing well with it.

When all is said and done, I am happy that I have answers, happy that a diagnosis has been made, happy that I can learn to live with the disease I have and that there is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment